Many women use eyeliner, but some don’t use it correctly. Maybe they were taught the wrong way or they just developed bad habits over time, but we are here to show you how to apply your eyeliner like a professional giving you the results you want in less time than you would think.
We recommend a gel eyeliner with a small, precision brush as this will enable you to build up the eyeliner as you apply it and it lets you get in close to the lashes. If any corrections need to be made, using a cotton tipped makeup applicator with makeup remover on it will help.
Let’s take a look at how to apply your eyeliner using gel eyeliner on your upper eyelid.
- Start by applying the gel eyeliner around the center of your eyelid. Be sure to stay as close to the lashes as you can. If you have longer lashes than most, use the brush to push your eyelashes down and out of the way.
- Apply the eyeliner outwards towards the end of your eyelid in even, consistent strokes.
- Be sure to “Tail” the eyeliner off at the outer corner of your eye. Usually at the point where your lower eyelid begins.
- For the inner corner of your eyes, use light, feathering strokes to apply the eyeliner. Do this gently and take your time.
- Now you can go over the eyeliner if needed to even it out or intensify the line.
- If you do happen to make any mistakes, using a cotton tip with a small amount of makeup remover can fix them.
As always, take your time and be sure to use a quality gel eyeliner product. With a little practice, you will be creating designer looks in no time that are sure to draw attention to your eyes.