You’ve found your perfect leather watch strap and are ready to show it off but making sure it stays in perfect condition whilst wearing it is important. If you want to learn more about how to maintain your leather strap to the best possible condition then read on.
Here is our step by step guide to ensure your leather strap will never be in poor condition again:
1. Firstly, it may sound obvious, but make sure you’ve securely removed your leather strap from the watch to avoid any damage to the actual face.
2. Next, before you apply any liquid, wipe the strap down with a dry soft cloth, such as a jewellery polishing cloth, as this very softly removes dirt that has collected on the strap and also removes any dust that has collected over time.
3. Clean the strap more intricately with a gentle soap that has a low level of acidity, then dampen another soft jewellery cloth, and apply a small amount of soap on it. Softly rub the leather band allover with the dampened cloth using small clockwise motions.
4. Once you’ve finished cleaning the strap, rinse the cloth, and then lightly wipe the strap to remove all the soap, again, ensure this is done in clockwise movements.
5. Finally, once the strap has dried naturally, apply a few drops of leather conditioner to a clean, soft cloth, set aside, and leave your leather watch strap to dry naturally.
If you want to maintain and ensure your leather strap is clean regularly then you should aim to clean your strap once every other week. If you want to clean your strap this often, then follow all the above steps but don’t use the leather conditioner as this is only needed occasionally, too much conditioner use and you could potentially damage your strap.
And that’s it! That is everything you need to know about keeping a clean and pristine leather watchstrap and here at Watch Strap Style, we guarantee you’ll want to come back for more.